Friday 16 October 2015

Digital Graphics


Using Photoshop, I combined three photos to create this image following the art movement Surrealism. I began by choosing two found landscape images to create the background. I chose to use a stormy sea and flames because they are energetic and I believed that combined would create an interesting image as there is a lot of detail in each picture.

To combine the images, I opened both into Photoshop and dragged the image of the fire onto the image of the sea to create two layers and used the layer mode to blend them, I went through a selection before deciding the final blend, I kept to this blend because I found it the most effective.

After finalizing the background I chose a found image of a women in a yoga pose to be the subject of my graphic image. I used a variety of tools to remove the background including colour selector, magic wand and the pen tool. After this I used the lasso tool to cut off sections of her body, once cut I copied the subject I had removed, deleted the original and pasted a new one to create a new layer   meaning I would be able to move and adjust the pieces individually. To match the colour of the background, I changed the image to black and white then pasted the image onto the background and rotated it. I applied another layer mode to help blend the layers together. To create the stretched skin effect, I used the smudge tool to soften the edges of the body where removing the background left a white edge and then began to select areas to smudge to attempt to give the figure a energetic effect and create movement. 

                        






No comments:

Post a Comment